What we're doing:
We'll be giving teachers a brand new way to display their courses and the materials to elementary students. When enabled by a district, teachers will be able to enable Schoology's Elementary experience for any course of their choosing. Students will then see an elementary-friendly user interface to interact with that emphasizes simpler navigation, imagery, and new workflows for material types.
Why we think you'll like it:
The new Elementary experience will better serve the needs of K-5 grade levels with an emphasis on pre-readers. Enhancements include a brand new Assignment experience that enables students to draw, record, photograph, annotate, and more, in order to complete their work.
The second phase of the Elementary experience includes:
– Additional submission options in assignments for Upload and Type, as well as simple course navigation.
– Course assessments and Google/Microsoft assignments will have simplified Back navigation.
– The mobile app will support all materials and new submission options.
– iOS: Photo, video, and audio assignment submissions are currently supported on tablets running iOS 14.3 and later only.
– Android: Photo, audio, video, and file assignment submissions are currently not supported on the Android mobile app.
We are continuing to build out features for this new experience. The remaining mobile features outlined above will be available as soon as possible. Follow our Product Roadmap to receive updates on the development of this feature.